The Dark World
Welcome to The Dark World thank you for joining us today
The Dark World
Welcome to The Dark World thank you for joining us today
The Dark World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a role play forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Part of the 1st chapter of my book that im writing =)

Go down 

What do you think? (Be honest!)
 Amazing!
 Pretty good.
 Good.
 Sorta.
 Kinda bad.
 Bad.
 It sucks!
View results
AuthorMessage
Tiggi

Tiggi

Part of the 1st chapter of my book that im writing =) Empty
PostSubject: Part of the 1st chapter of my book that im writing =)   Part of the 1st chapter of my book that im writing =) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:42 pm

I will add more later, please do the poll.

Forest Child

1. The name

When the forest child was born, she had to wait ten days for her name. Her mother, Dren, couldn't think of a suitable name for her. She knew her daughter was special, but no name quite fitted. It was always the mother who chose the name, and it always had been, due to tradition, but it didn't stop the child's father, Lek from making suggestions.
"Mel, Ren, Cara, Sara?" He would ask while they talked by the fireside, watching their only daughter sleep in her warm crib, which had been passed down through the generations.
Dren and Lek had four boys, and they were happy. Secretly, Dren had kept having children until she had a girl, so she could pass down all her knowledge. This made the Forest child even more precious.
On the tenth day, a traveling group of merchants passed slowly through the town, buying and selling as they traveled, stopping for meals, and for nights of tales and stories. It was noon. The group had stopped in the centre four streets away from Dren's home. The four boys rushed out of the door at the hearing of this news, even the little two-year old, Bej, who understood nothing went plodding along, following the exited brothers.
Lek ran after them, calling to Dren to stay with the baby. He hoped that she would find a name while she had time to think. After around ten minutes, Dren heard a loud knock on her wooden door. She stopped cooing the baby, and went to answer, thinking that one of the boys, probably Bej, had grown tired and come home.
Back to top Go down
Tiggi

Tiggi

Part of the 1st chapter of my book that im writing =) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Part of the 1st chapter of my book that im writing =)   Part of the 1st chapter of my book that im writing =) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:10 am

Please feel free to Pm me about this =)

As Dren opened the door, she felt a rush of cool air sweep as if on a mission around the room. The fern tree by the house danced and swayed in the moonlight, reflecting its yellow leaves onto the night sky.
As she looked upon the cloaked figure, she felt a warmth fill her, but also cold and isolation reeked off the person. His head was bent, and at first she didn't think he was there.
"Hello?...' She whispered to him.
He looked up, as if waking up from a deep sleep. "Good eve, Ma'am. " He said smoothly. "I have come a long way to find you, may I come in?'
Dren nodded and closed the door hard after he had entered. She gestured at a seat near the fire, and sat down on the opposite one, facing the cloaked man.
"Let me tell you a story.
"There was once a time when the moon, the sun, and the earth were one being. The sun decided it wanted heat and light, so it split off and became a bright flame in the sky.
"The moon, it wanted darkness and cold, so it divided and became a cold rock, far away from the sun, isolated and alone.
"The earth didn't know what it wanted, but it wanted difference. It asked the sun, but the sun was in no mood to listen. 'Go and make something that needs light and heat.' It told the earth crossly.
"The earth then questioned the moon. 'Something that likes the dark...' The moon replied sleepily.
"The earth made life. It built trees and lakes, mountains, the sea, deserts, grassy fields. Then a huge amount and variety of animals.
"But something was not right. The trees were different, and the animals were too similar. So the earth made Forest Children. Few in number, but greatly powerful in both mentally and physically."
Back to top Go down

Part of the 1st chapter of my book that im writing =)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark World :: Out of character :: Writer's corner-
Jump to: